● Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
Please complete the appropriate volunteer application noting your area of interest:
For more information please contact [email protected].
Updated: September 2023
Parent Advisory Council – Starting January 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should you volunteer for JAC?
Here at JAC, we greatly value our volunteers’ time, efforts, and energy. From supporting us in maintaining our garden, to helping us set up for our events, to running activities with program participants, your work is reflected in all our operations.
We work to provide volunteers with a wide range of flexible opportunities that allow them to develop their skill sets in many ways, and also recognize those volunteers who go above and beyond for the Centre. We also provide volunteers with an opportunity to gain volunteer hours, career experience, references, and letters of recommendation.
You should volunteer with us if you want to learn about what it takes to empower girls and young women and be a part of making it happen!
2. What do volunteers do at JAC?
Over the years, our volunteers have supported us in a number of ways! See below for some examples of the types of activities our volunteers participate in.
- Leading/supporting the facilitation of programs: Guiding participants through program activities or guest speaking.
- Outreach & Engagement
- Community Outreach: Handing out flyers to local schools and organizations.
- Development Committee: Support with fundraising initiatives.
- Special events: Helping us set up, clean, and facilitate events like our End of Year Celebration and Black History Month Event.
- Operations/Administrative Support: Supporting office logistics and daily activities.
3. What do we expect from volunteers?
In order to ensure the best relationship between JAC and our volunteers, we are seeking individuals who have a Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector, are dedicated to abiding by our Code of Conduct and Operating Policies and Procedures, upholding our mission, honouring their commitments, communicating with us and providing feedback!
4. What’s the difference between Individual and Organization/Corporate volunteers?
At JAC, we are grateful for both our individual and organization volunteers. Individual volunteers are those volunteers who connect with us simply on their own and without affiliation with a larger organization.
Organization/Corporate volunteers are those who tend to support us seasonally or with special initiatives, and in groups.
Get in Touch
For more information about volunteering or to express your interest in a volunteer opportunity at the Jean Augustine Centre, please fill out the contact form below and a member of our team will get back to you ASAP!