The Jean Augustine Centre for Young Women’s Empowerment believes that an empowered young woman can improve her life and have a positive impact on the world around her.
The Jean Augustine Centre for Young Women’s Empowerment is dedicated to empowering girls & young women between the ages of 7-17 years by offering programs focused on arts, life skills, academic success & leadership. The Centre also extends its support to the local community by offering various programs, workshops & events for women & families.
Why empower girls?
- Society benefits when girls have equal access to opportunities
- Girls have the right to make choices on life decisions including education, career and physical/sexual health
- Empowering girls through education can break the cycle of poverty in families
- Gender parity is needed in various career fields including STEM, sports, politics and business
Why have a dedicated space for girls?
- It is a safe space that reduces gender specific barriers to access
- It creates a welcoming space for girls to express themselves, share ideas, and hang out
- It creates a sense of belonging and community
- It helps to foster positive relationships between girls and adult female role models
Get Our Newsletter
Stay on top of all our latest programs, events and updates by signing up below!
Follow us on Instagram
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.